Results From The Ford Gorge Games July 2002
HOOD RIVER, OR, July 17, 2002
In the Women's Head-to-Head Kayaking competition, Shannon Carroll of Raleigh, NC placed first
overall. Carroll, 24, beat out a tough field that included last years Gorge Games Head-to-Head
champion Brooke Winger as well as top kayakers Nicola Kelly and Maria Nokes.
The women's kiteboarding competition was a single elimination format. 1st place was captured by
first-time Gorge Games competitor and New Zealand native, Cindy Mosey. Washington Kiter and
2002 Ford Gorge Games Blowout Champion Renee Hanks took 2nd place.
Nori Hubbs who hails from Canada took 1st place in the women's windsurfing competition.
Hubbs, who finished 3rd at last year's event and went undefeated through the entire competition,
bested local Hood River resident Tamira Wagonfeld in the final round.
Womens Kayaking Results:
1. Shannon Carroll (3) Raleigh, NC 2. Nicola Kelly (14) 3. Brooke Winger (30) Eugene, OR
4. Maria Nokes (21) Bryson, NC
Womens Kiteboarding Results:
1. Cindy Mosey Auckland, New Zealand 2. Renee Hanks Arcata, CA 3. Dana Pinto Santa Cruz, CA
4. Rebecca Wothers Paia, HI T5.Laurel Eastman Kailva, HI T5.Karen Bureker Hood River, OR
T5. Julie Prochaska Pukalani, HI
Women's Windsurfing Results:
1. Nori Hubbs, Ottawa, ON 2. Tamira Wagonfeld, Hood River, OR 3. Jennifer Henderson, Paia, HI
4. Motoko Sato, Haiku, HI
For complete Ford Gorge Games results go to www.gorgegames.com\results
The Ford Gorge Games will air on NBC Sports for two consecutive Sundays, September 1st and 8th,
with repeated airings on Outdoor Life Network (OLN) October 2nd and 9th. For more information visit the Ford Gorge
Games website at www.gorgegames.com or call 1-866-GORGE-01.