Yngling World Sailing Campionship
Lake Lucerne, Switzerland
With very little wind for the whole series, the two final races were sailed on Friday.
The conditions were again very light and shifty, ranging from 0-5 knots of wind speed and seeing
25-35 degree wind shifts on the course.
Leading into today's final races were the USA's Alison, Icyda and Leech, but they had difficulties
with the conditions and posted placings of 20 and 33. With only one throwout, their score soared
to 54 points, placing them in 3rd overall with a record of 26-2-4-1-1-20-33.
Top five, women's fleet:
1. Monica Azon / Laia Tutzo / Sandra Azon, ESP, 43 points
2. Ulrike Schumann / Wibke Bulle / Winnie Lippert, GER, 52
3. Betsy Alison / Lee Icyda / Suzy Leech, USA, 54
4. Paula Lewin / Peta Lewin / Carola Cooper, BER, 55
5. Dorte Jensen / Helle Jesperson / Annette Strom, DEN, 57
Final US Team Results:
3. Betsy Alison, Lee Icyda, Suzy Leech;
6. Jody Swanson, Cory Sertl, Pease Glaser;
7. Hannah Swett, Melissa Purdy, Joan Touchette;
8. Carol Cronin, Liz Filter, Kate Fears.